A report furnished to the Manticore Group Email Discussion List:
Report on January 8, 2016 Committee of Safety Meeting in Burns OR as Observable via Youtube Live Stream
By Cyrellys Geibhendach
I followed the Burns Oregon Community of Safety Meeting – live, courtesy of Pete Santilli and his crew on youtube. They attended the meeting and supplied a direct feed of the event to the net. Various local speakers and visitors took turns at the podium and made so many excellent comments and shared personal experiences related to the situation in Burns and the history of the difficulty with the government across not only their community but some in other locations in the state or neighboring states.
I learned a considerable amount of information about the situation there, just by listening to the audio of both the speakers and other people talking in the background. The 2 hour event kicked off with the speakers and then finished with the community simply spending time together mingling and discussion among themselves. Some people in this latter period did not want to be on camera and I give Pete and his crew a good deal of credit for respecting that by keeping the camera either on Pete or at a nearby wall or other direction that was not directed at the person in question.
Some of the information conveyed included the account that when the FBI arrived they had the town shut down the school and told everyone it was to protect the children from being kidnapped or harmed by the people at the reserve or any others. Later the community finds out, and this made the residents very angry, that the school was shut down so the FBI could use the school as a staging and command hub.
There were various speakers who stood out in the first period of the event:
A Tim who later said he was with Pahvant Post
Joseph Rice of Pacific Patriot Network, Oathkeepers, and Idaho 3%
http://www.pacificpatriotsnetwork.com/ Spoke in plain clothes.
Who are there to “to secure a perimeter around the Wildlife Refuge, it’s occupiers, and the citizens of Harney County.” Quote from their website.
Quote a public statement at PPN: We wish to establish a safety perimeter of protection for the occupiers so as to prevent a Waco-style situation from unfolding during this peaceful occupation. The primary intention of this outer-ring is to bear witness to any aggressive action initiated by federal agencies or the occupiers, and to encourage an open dialogue towards a peaceful resolution. We will serve as a neutral third-party intermediary to prevent bloodshed.
In congruence with the concerns of the citizens of Harney County, The PPN and its affiliated organizations will operate with respect and professionalism so as to not elevate fears within the community. As outsiders, we recognize our responsibility to maintain both peace and civility during our presence. To further demonstrate our non-aggressive posture, military style or tactical clothing will not be authorized for this operation. It is imperative that the Nation recognize the importance and sanctity of all lives in this situation. While the PPN does not condone nor encourage the execution of the Wildlife Refuge occupation, we have a duty and responsibility to ensure that a peaceful resolution is reached.
Joseph said, “the Committee was split 3 to 3,” and characterized this as a Constitutional Crisis. He said, “the public is fearful of authorities, and that it is inappropriate for anyone to threaten anybody.” He expressed that it is not necessary for anyone to be in agreement over the situation, but that a ‘civil, articulate, discussion’ based on commonality be had. He reiterated this is not a standoff and while he does not agree with what Ammon and company chose to do, he recognizes this has resulted in creating a public discussion about the problems. He finished his comment with saying that “anyone coming in to the community must be respectful to the residents.”
Others mention the State Representative Walden who as an author of legislation was challenged by the BLM. It was noted that the recent speech made by Representative Walden was without doubt the defining speech of his career.
It was also acknowledged the BLM does not coordinate as required by law or respond to the neighboring Josephine County.
There was discussion of the larger problem and how our communities are conditioned to Administrative Rule by the Administrative State surpassing any ability or capacity toward crisis resolution. Comment was made comparing legal vs lawful, and that what the Bundy’s were engaged in could be defined as what the founders called civil disobedience.
Joseph pointed out to the audience that this situation could be a blessing in disguise. The fear is from the BLM and reprisaltory actions such as fines, or nonrenewal of grazing leases among other things. He also spoke briefly on tyranny vs liberty.
Later it was noted that over the course of the evening those members of the community unsure of speaking out grew in confidence as the night went on, and more came forward.
One very important piece of information was presented, involving a letter to Congress directed at Oregon’s DeFazio, requesting a congressional investigation of the BLM, to which there has not yet been a response. It was then pointed out that there was a distinct absence of management in the community throughout this situation…no federal representation, presences, or leadership. It was also mentioned that Sheriff has not responded to requests to speak with several parties.
Other issues and items that were pointed out included:
- Amanda Marshal resigned in the Justice Dept; this is a cultural issue
- That many people are advised with problems like what is happening in Burns to ‘take it to court’ BUT the unlimited resources of the federal government vs the limited resources of individuals results in an upside down situation that they believe was never intended by the Founders.
- The issue with mandatory minimum sentence that clogs the prison with non-violent offenders costing taxpayers 10s of millions of dollars
- The age of Hammond Sr.
- The double jeopardy issue with the Hammonds going back a 2nd time
- The number of people involved who could have intervened before the situation resulted in the current state.
- That there were at least 3 specifically noted opportunities to make different choices by the System
The 2 hour meeting was said to be attended by perhaps as many as 800 people at one point. The meeting was occurring at roughly a week from the point the Bundy’s and the others at the Reserve took to occupying the premises. It was also noted that the vast majority of the people did not fear the people at the Reserve.
The video finished with a Consensus Recap that contained the following information from Santilli’s crew based on their cumulative experience:
- That the silent majority, for them this meeting was an extension of the ‘good ol’ boys club – consisting of 2 hours in which they discuss how they’re going to fix the situation, pick up the pieces, and force the Bundy’s to leave.
- The silent majority is angry with the leaders in the Committee.
- They see fear in the Committee – no one wants to hold the Sheriff accountable.
- The FBI as a covert presence is highly disturbing
- The Santilli team notes the opportunity to speak and the silent majority are still afraid
- The attendees commented about the leaders patting themselves on the back and that once the media is gone, once Bundy is gone, once the 3%’rs are gone there will be a price to pay.
- Some of the attendees have commented to them variously about being threatened by friends and family for standing up in the community over the BLM abuses
- The Santilli team notes that if this (fear) spreads out across the nation, just how much trouble we all are in as a nation
- That some of the attendees couldn’t believe it was only 2 hours and that was it.
- That some of the attendees felt this Sheriff is bowing to same entities they are angry at.
- That some of the attendees are concerned the Committee Leaders and others in government are going to target the people who spoke out against the government at the event.
- That some of the people attending were rude
- One individual when Santilli mentioned the FBI became hostile – a fella in a cowboy hat from Nebraska who was by profession a talk show host, and acting as master of ceremonies at the event.
- Santilli’s team noted a distinct lack of assurance provided by all the speakers except by the representative from the Pacific Patriots Network.
- That the rep from the Pacific Patriots Network, himself a minority, said to the assembled, “don’t let them throw the racist card out there…we won’t let anything happen to you.”
- One of the team remarked the meeting seemed a bit lax considering the import
- Noted that there seemed to be a fear the cameras will go away and the community will be left to be persecuted even worse and the committee seems oblivious to this
- Noted that on this same day Ammon in a comment said “the US Constitution is non-negotiable”
- Noted that Ammon is concerned these people are not strong enough to resist on their own (in regards to his standing down), and the team mentioned possible evidence of Stockholm Syndrom, that people here seem to have fallen in love with their captors
- The team acknowledged Ammon is taking a huge chance and possesses a heavy burden.
- That the police department reportedly scared the community to death by the school closure.
- The team discussed to separate accounts from two different women of the government frightening people seemingly deliberately:a. a friend of a woman who worked at the post office, the closure of the post office was because the workers might be attacked, and b. the government telling the people they should leave the community as they might be kidnapped by the militia and dragged out to the refuge. A person by the moniker CC was mentioned.
- The team characterized the rumor and fear laden environment as ridiculous and crazy
- The team also addressed public accusations external to the Burns OR environ questioning possible infiltration of the camp.They acknowledge there is always a chance of that. But they don’t specifically or directly know any such thing. They do not have time to fret over it. They’re there to cover what is happening and do not have time or resources to look up every minutia put out. They ask that people stop that. The team said that if there is an infiltrator in the midst of the people at the Reserve, that group will find out. There is no time to spend on such rabbit holes. Santilli pointedly stated this whole (big picture) is not about them (the group at the Reserve). It’s about the community. He said, these accusations are distracting. He reiterated the focus is on the community. Budda has left the camp and is back handling security for the Bundy Family. Santilli said, “sure dig into Payne, etc, but it is 3 to 4 levels out from the real issue which is the dynamics in the community; the condition of the silent majority.” He continued, that “the issues with individuals at the camp is not relevant at this point.” The team went on to express that they thought Blain Cooper is generally an upstanding individual trying to do the right thing, regardless of whatever his name may be. The team pointed out that this sort of infighting seems to occur every time there is a situation or event across the nation and that it is not constructive. One of the team members referred to the people not on the scene as behaving cannibalistic. She went on to say that they have defended each other and that trusted individuals engaging in this sort of conduct makes our community look and sound like horrible thugs; she expressed being agast at this behavior. She said she is worried about the lives at the Refuge, and worried about the spread of this fear, and what is happening to the people of the community. She said the detachment of the internet world is fostering divisions. She said that the choices of the group at the Refuge may be a tactical and strategic mistake but that we should trust Ammon and Ryan Bundy to make the right decisions forward. She said the situation in the Community of Burns is filled with tension and the fear of the unknowing. The team has been very impressed and loved meeting and getting to know the community in person. They feel what is most important is what the Community’s interests are. They pointed out that the favorite tool of the FBI is to accuse someone of being an informant and that this issue is the smallest element.
- The team mentioned they have extended their stay and are asking for help and support.
- The team wrapped up saying that the least credible people are those who do not come to locations, who get their information from internet rumors.Santilli said, “human interaction is the most comforting thing and he is embarrassed about having to talk about this.” The team expressed the whole situation in Burns is ‘crazy messed up rumors’. Santilli ended with pointing out that ‘crazy messed up rumors keep those who should be empowered off kilter.’
After reviewing the whole footage of the livestream I found a very reasonable job being done by the Santilli team in this particular event. The only part left to subjective interpretation would be the parts they reported where individuals approached them privately to give their experience or testimony. Now some might characterize the report of the fear as fabricated however I did notice there were a few instances where someone spoke with them and went further than just asking the camera be turned away, but also asked the sound pickup be muted or lessened. In retrospect I’m personally satisfied with most of the information in this summary report on the event. I was unable to catch all the names of the speakers so I have not been able to include those.
I agree with the Santilli team about the destructiveness of infighting. I also agree that it is not relevant if there is any infiltration involved here. The important matter IS THE COMMUNITY and its condition and experience. I think it is very appropriate to point out that at some point if this goes no further the cameras will soon be gone and that is indeed when the predatory state or like individuals within it are most likely to go back to causing abject damage and that this is something that truly deserves being addressed by the broader Liberty Community.
There are those out there who will criticize that I have taken this information via Santilli’s live feed. However, there was no one else out there in our Liberty Community who was doing this. There was no other possible way, I personally know of at this time, to get this look at the community of Burns itself and how the people are coping and what dynamics may be in play. For this reason the information should be admitted at face value, regardless of whatever you may personally believe. I did not discern any deliberate attempt to deceive or mislead any viewer-ship.
I also commend the Santilli team for what appeared to me as a job well done on this night and point out that they are serving the people of Burns, the Liberty Community, and those at the Refuge, in this capacity respectfully. I don’t think any of us believe they can do this indefinitely but it is greatly appreciated whatever they can continue to contribute in this way.
Addendum: Interview with Ammon Bundy by John B Wells on Caravan to Midnight published Jan 6 2016.
Cyrellys Geibhendach, Communication Facilitator, Manticore Group
Comment from Scott Bennett: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Note from Quintus Dias. NOTE: The Nazis informed the German people that everything they were doing even contrary to German legal precepts and the natural law was legal, endorsed by their parliament, who were mostly Nazi Party functionaries. We see the same rationale being used today…It’s legal, but is it Constitutional? The Constitution is the supreme law of the land and the pols obviously ignore that fact.
January 9 Oathkeepers forwards notice they received that SOD-X & Delta Force may have been sent to Burns OR
Late 01-09-2016 Update:
About this information, from Cyrellys: The militia in Burns OR are NOT Oregon’s Militia. I spoke today via phone with former USMC & current Oregon Militia member HOSS who maintains a youtube site. He said the Oregon Militia have distanced themselves from the whole situation in Burns because the community there has made it clear they are not wanted. There are two specific groups on site in Burns. The Pacific Patriots Network in town observing and at the disposal of the community to defend the community members should violence erupt and the different composite unassociated group out at the Refuge led by Payne and the Bundy sons. This characterization that it is the Oregon Militia in Burns is incorrect! Someone did not fact check.
EXCELLENT PIECE by an author who has been charged under the Patriot Act and served prison time who understands what the victims are going through: Between a Rock and a Hard Place: The Oregon Standoff. Part I.
History: Committee of Safety