By QUINTUS DIAS. With concern and attention to Harney County Oregon.
The Labeling Theory of Crime and Impact
ALIEN TO THE COMMUNITY
Avoid being labeled and tagged by the establishment’s MSM as a dangerous alien to the community (Nazi criminal construct). Who does this?
- The courts, the police, moral entrepreneurs, friends, schools and family perceiving you as an alien to the community.
- The Nazi/Soviet institutions attempted to do this in classifying and categorizing people under the construct of a national security state. Aliens were problematic people and likely enemies of state.
- If we don’t, then the establishment can basically shove us to the margin with pejorative words, and initiate a long-term criminalization process that may result in your imprisonment or death.
III. I used to teach my law and justice students that the establishment has the power to
- create criminals, deviants, crazies, militants, extremists, radicals, pedophiles, rapists, killers, and other problematic people out of thin
- tagging them with long-term denigrating labels (you just read some of them) that serve to discredit you and to marginalize you.
- Social groups (the elites and moral entrepreneurs, who perceive you to be a threat may pass criminal legislation-targeting you…THEN
- organizations (schools, police and the criminal justice system, who are supposed to do something about crime), will jump on you and THEN
- your friends, parents, and others, who may
disapprove of your behavior have the latent power to label you as a dangerous social threat based on their reactions to your behavior, words, and attitude.
TAGGING and APPLYING THE LABEL
IV. Once the label is applied and tagged on to you by the press and becomes common in the public domain, the consequences can be hugely dramatic. SUCH AS
- You may be fired by your employer (disruptive or undesirable employee), OR
- prosecuted (terrorist, sexual deviant, revolutionary), OR
- jailed, or killed by police (dangerous criminal or radical) without credible evidence to support the charges…KEEP IN MIND-
- once you are tagged… the public could care less about you or your fate (good riddance to bad shit!). THIS CAN RESULT IN-
PERVASIVE CRIMINALITY AND SOCIAL CHAOS
V. Those labeled often turn to crime because they have no other
alternative–“they made me a criminal” mindset APPLIES-therefore, I will be the next Bonnie and Clyde and go Clyde or Bonnie one better.
THE CHIEF TAGGERS
VI. The MAIN taggers are: the press, sociologists, psychiatrists, police and judges. Consequentially, the taggers react to
- perceived threats caused by a person’s actions, words or general disposition that appears at odds to the norm or to their perception of what the norms should be.
- There may be no actually criminal offense. Consider the consequences if the
press, a psychiatrist, or a girlfriend (husband), a physician, or a judge labels you as a likely sex-offender.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TAGGED?
VII. What happens when the tag is successfully applied? Absolute hell! And that follows you around, especially if it makes the press, or becomes chat on the Internet, or winds up in a file in the police’s criminal intelligence section.
ORIGINS OF LABELING AS CRIME THEORY
VIII. Labeling crime theory became popular during the Civil Rights struggles of the 1960s. But actually, it goes back a lot further, especially to the
- intense outlaw period of American history (reconstruction post-civil war: the carpetbagger era, the bank and train robbers, cattle rustlers era to the mobile car bandits of the 1930s).
- Back then, elites and “Robber Barons” controlled the justice system and the press, as they do now. Thus, if you refused to sell your land, your business, our your water rights, and sought help from friends or others so dispossessed-
- The establishment labeled you as BANDITTI-to be killed
on the spot by putting you on a criminal wanted list as bounty.
- Once the label was applied and with the innovation and use of the telegraph and telephone [followed on by the computer and the Internet] there was no place you could hide to escape the label.
- Bounty hunters and professional killers, like the Pinkerton Agency did not care if you were innocent. They collected fees by either capturing you or killing you
(wanted: dead or alive).
- Think the criminal justice system a hugely profitable establishment business.
THE CJ SYSTEM IS A BUSINESS
- This is why you see the MSM and establishment officials constantly tagging people they do not like or are afraid of as: militant, deviant, Constitutionalist, sovereign citizen, revolutionary, criminal-minded, extremist, armed, radical, crazy and so on. It fuels the justice system as a vast business enterprise where lawyers, police, technicians, prison wardens, jailers, judges, coroners, funeral homes, and prosecutors can make money.
ISOLATION AND CONTAINMENT
X. Today, labeling agencies and taggers center on isolating you from the mainstream, turning people against you, and prompting you to commit desperate acts just to survive. If you commit a crime in your survival quest, then they have you and there is no escape! How do you escape from being tagged as an EX-CON?
Aamon Bundy is now forever engraved in people’s minds aone or more of the following-
- Armed Militant
- Militia member
- Social Disruptor
- Unsavory (based on views that his friends are unsavory low-life trash).
XI. My sense is that we need to turn around the tag applied to a good and decent man-LaVoy Finicum is now forever labeled as an armed and crazed militant (nobody wants to get shot unless they are crazy, right?).
NOTE: the alternative media also has the power to label and tag AND WE MUST DO THIS because-
- the establishment just killed THE QUINTESSENTIAL AMERICAN COWBOY HERO (The rugged, independent, brave and stoic horseman–the Marlboro Man [forget the cigarettes]), and right before our eyes.
- Always keep this in mind… The establishment’s Illumines always kill you twice. In the first instance, they kill you physically. In the second, they kill your reputation.
- We can do the same with the independent media…and must stop playing nice.
- We are in a war and the enemy is shooting and killing us.
Editor Note: approved Mirror TMM.