QUINTUS DIAS. July 24, 2019. GROUP EMAIL. Printed with permission.
Justice Department says it still won’t pursue criminal c…
Attorney General Eric Holder The public now knows even more graphic details about the extent of America’s torture program, but it appears that won’t be making any d…
Preview by Yahoo
Naconah. The Mumbai Option – Part II
I. Outcomes and Significance of Mumbai
1. Terrorists used commonly found infantry weapons found in conflict zones.
2. Terrorists used explosives and booby traps
3. Terrorists attacked police and overwhelmed them, disrupting police communication nodes and police response. Police executives were killed in the attack
4. Terrorists preplanned the operation, infiltrated by sea and cached weapons and ammunition to sustain the assault phase.
5. Terrorists remained undercover without attracting notice or a police challenge
6. Terrorists attacked multiple targets and coordinated the attacks
7. The targets were public places: medical care facilities, transportation centers and hotels where large numbers of people are found… a target rich environment
8. The attack was carried out over a number of days
9. The attackers retained the initiative and evaded responding police
10. The attackers used barricades, seize and hold tactics, challenging police and military to a MOUT scenario to flush them out
11. The attackers opened fire on responders at every opportunity
12. The attackers used vehicles to conduct drive by shootings
13. The attackers used a variety of comms, including cell phones and GPS devices
14. The terrorists were mobile: foot and vehicles and shot at citizens at every opportunity
15. The attacks on iconic targets provide guaranteed high profile media coverage
II. Security Failures
1. There were no active shooter response procedures in place
2. There were no common frequency comms between responding units. Comms were best described as a cluster fuck.
3. No back up for police comms taken out in the attack on the police station
4. No overall centralized command authority took charge of the counter op, especially during its critical early phases
5. Police and security force response was piecemeal and insufficient
6. IEDs and explosives used by the attackers degraded security response and prolonged the op due to mine/bomb clearing requisites. Security failed to recognize that explosives and booby traps were elements in the strikes
7. First responders did not integrate a cohesive response plan or train together
8. Special operation military units took over 8 hours to arrive on the scene
9. IEDs that exploded at random caused additional surprise and confusion
10. Security forces failed to identify the number and location of the attackers and could not manage an overall coordinated response
11. Overall intelligence failure–no adequate warning that the attack was imminent
12. Security forces failed to execute appropriate containment perimeters allowing the attackers to displace
13. Responding fire units and equipment could not cope with large scale multiple fires
1. Terrorists are capable of conducting sophisticated STRATEGIC mass casualty assaults without the need for WMDs
2. The automatic rifle is a significant mass casualty weapon complimenting explosives
3. Intelligence is critical to disrupt, preempt or to forestall such an attack
4. Emergency responders are at risk and so are hospital personnel
5. Armed citizens and their willingness to intervene can prove critical in disrupting an attack
6. Emergency personnel must train together and have interoperable communications
7. All comms must have backups
8. Emergency personnel must account for command personnel casualties and must train subordinates to assume command
9. Emergency personnel must plan for multiple contingencies
10. Emergency personnel must be able to provide for their own recon and intel
11. Iconic structures and hospital and emergency personnel are at risk
12. Armed citizens or citizens at large are now first responders. They must be able to react on their own
Dialog: The Mumbai Option
Dozens killed, wounded in Yemen Houthi hospital bombing Dozens killed,…
From Bo on September 29 of 2014.
Dozens killed, wounded in Yemen Houthi hospital bombing
Dozens killed, wounded in Yemen Houthi hospital bombing Iran Press …
Preview by Yahoo
Naconah. I am not going to mince words… A lot is not being said about this incident. It is another reason why I suggest you go about armed, especially women, and especially women in critical incident positions. Why am I saying this? I taught Mumbai and lessons learned to special operators and to first responders at my school. The lessons from Mumbai, and there are many, is that medical personnel, and first responders are going to be targets! First responders including medics can expect to trigger primary, secondary and tertiary ambushes. Hospitals, clinics and staff can expect to be attacked by explosives (IEDs, RPGs, satchel charges, grenades) and gun-wielding Jihadis. How to we know this? We’ve seen this overseas, ad nauseum since the 1970s. And from chatter, back channel sources and from open source intelligence bluntly telling us that the jihadist MFers and their head-lopping bros are going to. And they are going to do it here, in the USA. It pays to listen to people when they threaten you.
Consequently, I am urging medical personnel to get ready for an infectious disease onslaught. I am also urging that nurses and other hospital staff not wear uniforms between home and work, and from work home. Nurses, clinic, and hospital staff should be escorted to their cars, especially at night. Hospital security must stay alert for strangers probing the perimeter or the inside the building without pertinent ID, asking questions without merit. They should watch for abandoned vehicles, loitering people, for the presence of minivans or campers or commercial passenger vehicles loitering in the lot or closeby. Anyone parking a car on hospital lots should get a permit from security and must display the permit inside the car’s windshield and carry a receipt on their person. Anything out of place is suspect. Including the delivery of unsolicited packages or callers requesting information on hospital staff, lunch, or dinner hours, or delivery protocols. This is basic stuff, but we have been asleep at the wheel and we can expect hell to come down on us if they come calling.
These precautions also apply to schools and government buildings and malls. Do not forget that Chechnyan terrorists attacked a school in Russia and killed some 250 people in a prolonged and massive terrorist attack. The attack in Mumbai went on for days and they killed close to 180 people and attacked multiple targets including machine gunning a train station.
Enough. Please pass the word and stay safe!
One last thing. We could have stopped a lot of this by a change in foreign policy. Instead, we blow shit up overseas and kill babies and people going to weddings to stop a suspected terrorist. For every innocent we kill, 25 more become terrorists!
Police: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A man fired from an Oklahoma food processing plant beheaded a woman with a knife and was attacking another worker when he was shot…
Preview by Yahoo
ISIS Plotting Subway Attacks in New York City and Paris,…
Claims come as news to U.S. officials, who say there’s no evidence of a threat
Preview by Yahoo